Looking for ways to have a positive impact on current political marches? Want to make a valuable contribution to increased understanding between polarized individuals? Join us to explore Portland Peace Team’s proven methods of de-escalation techniques for mediators.
Portland Peace Team is an independent, nonpartisan group that provides a trained nonviolent presence at local events, and where possible, de-escalation of destructive conflict. They also provide training and education in nonviolence and de-escalation skills for individuals and groups. Learn and practice on-the-ground Non-Violent Communication: intervention techniques for maintaining a calm, de-escalating presence during contentious moments.
- Saturday, May 13 from 9-4
- Portland First Christian Church (1314 SW Park Ave, Portland, Oregon 97201
- Light lunch provided
- MCLE and SHRM credits are pending
- $150 professional mediators
- $100 volunteer mediators
- $100 friends of mediation
- Student scholarships available. Scholarship applicants, please express interest to: OMA@omediate.or
Get a Street Mediation flyer. (PDF)